- Five bedrooms
- Three bathrooms
- Two large reception rooms
- Income potential
- Far reaching views
- Very quiet position
- Off road parking
- Village amenities
Built around 1840 there is much to admire about this large and versatile property which is brimming with character.
Arranged over four floors there are five bedrooms, two reception rooms, two kitchens, two utility rooms and three bath/shower rooms.
An extremely interesting property, it has been used in different ways over the years - both as a large house and as a house with an annexe, being the flat that occupies the entire second floor.
The versatility of this property brings about an income potential and if any new owner was inclined to rent rooms out there would be numerous rooms to let.
Littledown Hall is positioned in an elevated position within Wembdon enjoying views over Bridgwater. It's well decorated throughout and in 2014 the kitchen was replaced with a bespoke, high-end and modern kitchen. The boiler was also replaced in the same year and the property is fully double glazed.
Outside there is a large front garden with steps rising from the road and driveway. The front garden has a cobbled walkway to the house and an elevated area of lawn.
This gorgeous property was originally built for Richard Down and was named "Down Villa". By 1850 the Sulley family, well known Bridgwater coal and ship merchants, lived at the property and remained connected to the house until the late 1800's.
At some point during this period the property was passed to the eldest son of the Sulleys', George Bryant Sulley, who became Bridgwater's town mayor. Following the Sulleys' ownership the Barham family occupied the property until the early 1900's. The house then passed into the hands of the Squibbs' family, famous for their photography of early twentieth century Bridgwater, before becoming a private boarding school.
In the 1950's the property was divided into separate residential accommodation and Littledown Hall was divided into three flats.